What is the difference between an automatically uploaded scheduled workout and a workout FIT file?
Devices and Connections
- Which recording devices and services are supported?
- Export a planned workout to my Garmin device
- What is the difference between an automatically uploaded scheduled workout and a workout FIT file?
- Garmin Connect - How to connect and synchronize my device?
- Suunto - How to connect and synchronize my watch?
- Polar Flow - How to connect and synchronize my watch?
- Coros - How to connect and synchronize my watch?
- Wahoo - Connect and synchronize
- Adidas Running - Connect and synchronise
- icTrainer - Using the Tredict training plan with the roller trainer
- Today's Plan - Synchronise training plan
- Oura Ring - Connect and synchronise
- Does HealthFit transfer my Stryd data from the Apple Watch?
- Zwift - Automatically synchronise planned and completed workouts
- Zwift - Synchronise via Today's Plan
- Tredict API - Connect your platform or application
- How to unlink a pre-planned workout?
- How to fix corrupt workout data?
- Correct a faulty recorded swim stroke
- Can I change the date and time of my workout?
- Can the laps of an activity be calculated manually?
- Can I display a run without the walking breaks?
- Why is the date of my virtual training in a different time zone?
- Supported sports
- Calendar and Training Overview
- Coaching and Athlete Connection
- Training plans
The FIT file of a scheduled workout supports all sports that your watch also supports, but must be manually loaded onto your watch.
Automatically uploaded workouts to the "Garmin Training API" appear seamlessly on your watch, but only support the sports that are also available in the Garmin Connect workout schedule.
The difference between the Training API and a FIT file probably lies in the history of development at Garmin and manifests itself in 2 different formats, which unfortunately cannot be mapped 1:1 to each other.
The Training API defines the workouts through a JSON format, which is designed to be displayed in the "Garmin Connect Calendar".
The workout file, on the other hand, is specified via Garmin's FIT file format and is intended to be run as a control file for an activity directly on the sports watches and cycling computers. This results in full support of what the Garmin devices can do.
An open water swim workout, for example, can be easily loaded onto your watch via a FIT file export.
Unfortunately, the Training API has no support for this, because for unknown reasons this is not provided for in the "Garmin Connect Calendar".